Unable to add comments to tickets

Skippy Williams January 23, 2018

I just got "upgraded" to the new JIRA experience, and I'm no longer able to add comments to tickets.  

Attempts to add comments result in a "Communications Breakdown" error message: "The Jira server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down."

The advice to "Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser" didn't help.  Even opting out of the new JIRA experience didn't help - I still get the same error.

Any advice on how to resolve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

What's the error you are seeing on the logs?

Skippy Williams January 24, 2018

What logs are you referring to?  This is a hosted JIRA instance (*.atlassian.net), so I wouldn't expect to have access to server logs.  If there are in-application logs I could check, I'd be happy to do it, but might need some help learning where to look for them.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

Oops then you can not access the logs.

Best suggestion will be to open a ticket with Atlassian especially that you mentioned that this happened after the upgrade.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Skippy Williams January 24, 2018

Thanks Fadoua.  I really appreciate the link to their official support.  All of the help links I could find circled back to the community forums.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2018

Anytime :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events