Unable to Connect to SSL Services due to PKIX Path Building Failed

Romeu Franzoia Junior
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 6, 2018

Hello,

First of all, this is not exactly a duplicate, let me explain.

I'm having this problem https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-779355358.html. So I read everything and applied the solution pointed here https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/connecting-to-ssl-services-802171215.html. So everything works again.

But, on the following day the problem appears back again. And properly disappears if I apply the solution again.

I believe that either the computer I'm applying the solution is doing something wrong or the server I'm pointing to is, but can't figure it out.

Is there any way someone can help me here??

1 answer

1 vote
Edwin Kyalangalilwa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2018

Hi @Romeu Franzoia Junior,

Some reasons:

• Either the truststore file changed.
  • There is multiple java versions installed.
  • Java was updated and the file changed.
  • Application was updated.
Romeu Franzoia Junior
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 10, 2018

Hello @Edwin Kyalangalilwa

As far as I know, no one would change the truststore but me, I'm pretty sure we have only one Java version installed (open jdk 8) and there was no update related.

But, I need to investigate if the application is being changed everyday.

Just to make sure, by application you mean the one I'm trying to access right??

Edwin Kyalangalilwa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2018

@Romeu Franzoia Junior,

Yes, meaning Jira might have been updated.

Suggest an answer