Ubable to generate a license key for Jira

Paul Mason August 14, 2014

Hello.

I have downloaded and installed Jira on my desktop. I have also created an account. When I start Jira, and connect to it, it asks me for the license key.

I select the option of "I have an account but no key", put in my account details, and select sign in and generate license key.

This then comes back with an Unknown Error Occured.

Could you please help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

I've seen temporary downtime of atlassian systems - maybe you've catched too.

1. Try again - maybe now it will be ok.

2. As a workaround - go to https://my.atlassian.com/, use your account details and generate new trial licence here. THen copy to buffer, and select option "I have license key" or something like that.

Paul Mason August 14, 2014

Thanks.

Option 2 seemed to work

Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

Glad it helped) You can mark the answer as proper so the question will be closed.

0 votes
Sarifah Sapuan September 18, 2014

I have the same problem generating the licence key.

I tried the opton 2 to generate evaluation licence. It prompted for server ID which is not listed in the JIRA setup wizard. Where can the server ID?

Can you help? thanks

.!jira-setup.JPG

Suggest an answer