Types of fields

Ana Mendes March 18, 2013

Hi,

there is a only time field?

there is a field to associates a specific issue? (one or more)

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2013

I'm not sure I understand the questions, but I think the answers are:

1. No, there are Date fields, and Date/Time, but not just Time.

I don't really think there is a lot of use for a time only field - it's not much point saying "10am" - it's pretty much useless without a date type context. Of course, you can always find or write a plugin to provide a time field, but I'd recommend you think through the reason for having one, as you can probably be a lot more useful than just a simple time.

2. You might be talking about field contexts here (i.e. a field appears for bugs and stories, but not incidents) - check the list of custom fields and the field configurations. Or, you might mean "a way to associate issues together", in which case, no there isn't a field as such, but there are "issue links"

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2013

Hi

Are you referring to time tracking field ?

A field behavior is specified by field configuration and mapped to issue type by field configuration scheme. A field configuration scheme can be associated with a project.

For better understanding on this, please have a read on this : Configuring Fields and Screens

Hope it helps :)

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events