Two emails per ticket

Alex Valderrama July 27, 2011

28-Jul-11

Good Morning All,
On our development site we're running v4.0#466. We migrated from Oracle 10g to 11g. When I create a ticket on any of our projects, the assignee will receive two identical emails, one right after the other. We're not sure what is happening or why it's happening? We've restarted the mail server as well as JIRA, but to no avail.

On our production server, all is working well. We plan on migrating from Oracle 10g to 11g, but first we want to resolve the 'two emails per ticket' issue.

If you have any suggestions, or if you could point us in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Edwin Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2011

This might be a stretch, but do two users have the same email? Usually in our testing environment, we put in our own emails for test users. So when we create a ticket and assign it to the test user, the reporter (me) and the assignee (email is still mine) gets an email, hence I end up with 2 identical emails.

0 votes
Ops Lead April 17, 2012

Hi,

we ran in the same problem.

We discussed that internally and moved to the opinion, that this should solved by Jira. Jira knows the email addresses and should remove all duplicates. That would be a much more general solution for that issue.

Is that already done or on the request list?

Cheers, Andi

0 votes
Alex Valderrama July 27, 2011

28-Jul-11

Edwin,
You are the man! It didn't occur to me that the assignee and reporter had the same email address. I think that's what is called in the IT field as 'a big duh'.

Ran a test with different email accounts and all is working well.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer