Two different jira systems

Achim Molitor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2018

Hello,

we need a second jira database or system for testing purposes. Is there a way to switch the databases with one installation or do we need two parallel installed systems? Is it possible to install two versions on one server?

Do we need another full license for the test system?

Thanks,

Molitor

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2018

No, you need two separate systems.

You could do some clever switching if you're only going to be running one at a time, but I wouldn't bother - two installs is far easier.

You can replicate the production database and home files to the test system, and no, no new licence - you get a "development licence" with a commercial licence, which can be used for development, testing, failover etc.

Achim Molitor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2018

Hello to all,

ok, thanks for the answer. But there's one question left. Is it possible to install two jira versions on one server with the "bin" install routine?

Thanks,

Molitor

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

Yes, but the best option is to

• Install Jira 1
  • Change the port for Jira 1
  • Install Jira 2

The installers will let you locate the two installations in different places - make sure you specify four totally separate directories (e.g. /opt/jiar-install-1, /opt/jira-data-1, /opt/jira-install-2, /opt/jira-data-2).  But they won't ask you about relocating the port.

Suggest an answer