Two boards in a project

Vishal Gogari May 8, 2024

Hi Team,

I have two boards within a project (say e.g.)
1) Board A

2) Board B

Now my user has came with a request that any user whose added to my domain (i.e. tataig.atlassian.net) can access Board A but for Board B only people added to project must be able to access it.

Board B must not be accessible to all the JIRA users but only should be accessible to users added to project.

I researched through google but didn't find any helpful article. Please help!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2024

@Vishal Gogari A simple way to do this would be to create a new project and move Board B to that project (it would still pick up the same information as before since boards are based on filters), and then use project level permissions to restrict access to the new project to only people added to the project.

You would have to create tickets for Board B using the original project to maintain the same project key.

Hi @Stephen_Lugton 

Thanks for the help. The solution sounds reasonable.

Just one query, how the board b project post movement, pick the information from Board A? Also no other solution possible?

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2024

Board B will have a filter like this, even if you move it to another project the filter will stay the same and show the same tickets, as you can see from the images below my board pulls tickets from the TCS project but it's located in the TIS project.Board filter.pngBoard location.png

Unfortunately permissions access is at project level not board level so this is a simple to use one off change, the only issues being that you've created a new project and need to be careful to make sure that any new tickets created use the old project otherwise the filter won't pick them up, so for my example above I just make sure that the project is TCS.

As to other solutions, you could look at issue level security so that only people with permissions to see a ticket will be able to see it, but you would have to make sure that all tickets are updated with the right permissions.

Thanks so much @Stephen_Lugton Appreciate your time and response to my comment.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events