Trying to put issues in a version

Andreas Paramonoff January 22, 2018

I am trying to put an issue into a version but it doesn't save it.

I drag the issue onto the version and the version box is highlighted green, a "Selection successfully added to the version" box is displayed at the top and the version tag is displayed on the issue. However, the issue is not added to the version and the version tag disappears from the issue on a refresh.

The edit permission is set properly and there is no permission error.

Is there any other setting needed to be able to add issues to versions?

2 answers

0 votes
Andre Schumacher March 7, 2018

We have the exact same issue. All version tags have been dissappeared.

We used to drag and drop the issues from the complete view to the version bar on the side. The system responds with a message that it has added the version tags and also shows them. But they dissappear again as soon as I reload the page in the browser. Also in addition all previous version tags are not there anymore.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Sorry, but I am not certain I understand what steps you are taking to add a Jira issue to a version.  The process you described does not sound familiar to me.   Perhaps this is something new I don't know about yet, but I don't recall being able to drag issues into a version in order to set the fixVersion field for that issue.   Perhaps this is a feature of a plugin for JIra?

Are you using Jira cloud or Jira Server?

Could you please try to post a screenshot of this process?  Perhaps that would help us understand the steps you are taking to complete this a bit better.

Dominic September 28, 2021

I am having this same issue on Jira Cloud. Has anyone found a resolution yet?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events