Trying to configure Outgoing Mail using Office365 SMTP server...

Hello,

My company has recently started using Office365 and I need to change my SMTP Mail Server to reflect this change. After configuring the necessary fields (Host Name, Port, Username and Password as I'm using TLS security) I can successfully test the connection and it apparently works. However, when attempting to send a test mail I get the following error:

SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

I can't seem to find any workarounds to this issue. Is there anything I should change directly in Office365 to allow my JIRA to send emails again?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team May 18, 2016

This error seems to indicate that the configured sender (the user that you are using to authenticate) does not have permission to send emails. 

I'd reach MS support and ask them for guidance in how to allow the user to be used to send emails from an external application (on this case, JIRA).

And make sure the "From address" matches the "Username" in the configuration.

Cheers,

Pedro

It worked, you're the best! I'll make sure to name my son "Corá" in your honor wink.

Thanks again, consider this a "10" score if I was to answer an NPS survey.

Pedro Cora Atlassian Team May 19, 2016

Hahah thanks! I'm glad to know that it worked!

Oh wow, making sure the sender names match is imperative!

so what was the  solution   ? 

bala I'm New Here Mar 08, 2018

can you please give the solution

bala I'm New Here Mar 08, 2018

got it. "From address" matches the "Username" in the configuration. this is solution

Worked for me.

Thanks.

I had the same problem. Actually as some of the others said on the above, Most important thing is that : "FROM address" should be the same as "Username" in the configuration and this is the solution.

Thanks everybody.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

78 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you