Trigger next transition from a postfunction

Magic Mike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

Hi folks,

In a transition postfunction I would like to trigger the next transition so the user doesn't need to click on it.

Basicaly I need a first step where my users fill in a form and create the issue. Then from there, I need a new transition to be triggered so the user gets calculated fields and fill in the second part of the form trough a transition screen.

Do you think I can trigger another transition from a post function with scriptrunner for instance?

Best regards,

Mike

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2018

Hi @Magic Mike,

Did you check the "fast track transition" of Script Runner add-on? This post-function will automatically transition an issue if the provided condition holds true.

• Go to the workflow -> transition -> postfunction -> Script postfunction -> fast track transition -> choose transition id to go to next step

Here the KB: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_fast_track_transition_an_issue

Magic Mike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz

Thanks a lot! It works like a charme but I cannot display the transition screen, which is required. Any idea ?

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2018

You are welcome @Magic Mike. You don't need to display transition screen because it automatically goes to next status. There is a "Skip Validators" checkbox when you add this post-function. It may help. 

Magic Mike
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2018

@Tansu Akdeniz actually, I do need to display the transition screen for the user to fill in before the transition is processed.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2018

Got it. As I know, there is no solution for that.

Suggest an answer