Transfer Jira instance to new server -- custom avatars went away

Deleted user August 31, 2012

Hi. I'm moving our current instance of Jira over to a new server. I followed the directions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server#MigratingJIRAtoAnotherServer-copyjirahome and everything seems to working okay with the exception that custom avatars are no longer being used. I have a few users who uploaded their own avatar and now it's gone. Is there something I need to do to bring these over manually? One note, the old instance was 5.0.1 and the new instance is 5.1.3 -- not sure if that has anything to do with it. Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user September 7, 2012

Total user error. When I tar'd the home directory, there were errors and not everything was copied (including the 'avatars' folder. All is well now. Thanks!

0 votes
Azwandi Mohd Aris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2012

There should be a folder called 'avatars' in your old JIRA Home Directory. Try to bring it over to the same location in the new JIRA Home Directory. Refresh your browser cache and see if that helps.

Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2012

Hi there,

In addition to Azwandi's reply above, yes there should be avatars folder created in the JIRA_HOME directory, specifically $JIRA_HOME/data/avatars. All users avatars are stored in the directory, hence can you kindly try to migrate the images contained in the avatars directory to JIRA 5.1.3 and see if it helps?

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events