Tracking Used Project Hours vs Contracted Hours

James Yip July 25, 2014

I have a few projects which is fixed hours terms. That means client only pay me to do 20 hours per year, for example.

May I know how to use JIRA to track the number of hours in the contract so I can generate the remaining balance report?

I used Tempo to track the used time but want a way to show "contracted vs spent".

2 answers

0 votes
Vincent Amari January 23, 2017

Hi,
New to Jira, but really could do with this feature, has anything changed since the question was originally asked in 2014 please?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2014

You need to start with thinking through how you are entering "contracted" hours.

Jira doesn't have any functions built in to do this, so you'll need to work around it. IF you weren't on OnDemand, I'd set up a "project/customer catalogue" project to hold that, and then use some derived fields to do the calculations (I've just been doing exactly that).

With OnDemand, I can't think of a way to do this, I think you'd need to write an application that holds the contracted hours and then pull the numbers from Jira and to the calculation

Laura Nelson May 23, 2017

Nic,

We host our own JIRA, but are struggling with keeping Statement of Work information within JIRA.  Can you give me more details on how you track this with a project?

Laura

Suggest an answer