To configure a quick filter to show all issue types linked to an Epic you've clicked on

Darren Faraway
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2024

Being used to track interview selection, so the Epic is a role, linked Stories are Candidates and Subtasks to those stories are the numerous interviews etc.

I need to be able to find a role and then only see the candidates, and where they are in the interview status

3 answers

2 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

Hello @Darren Faraway 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

You mentioned "quick filter" which could imply a that you are working with an agile board (scrum or kanban). Is that correct?

Does your desire to see "where they are in the interview status" mean you want to see the candidate/story cards in their positions on the Board view, and therefore need a solution that works in the Board view?

1 vote
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 10, 2024

Hi @Darren Faraway

welcome to the community! 

Perhaps you can clarify a bit more on the exact experience you are looking for - but just reading through your question and use case, I couldn't help but think that you might benefit from the app that my team and I are looking for, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting. If you want to see your default hierarchy - i.e., epic/story/sub-task - this can be done in just a click, like so:

default-hierarchy-v3.gif

Obviously my demo data isn't from recruiting - but if you'd imagine it to be, I feel you could very easily navigate your candidates and drill down into where they stand in the interview process. Really just an idea!

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2024

Hi  @Darren Faraway 

Welcome to the community !!

An app can help you view your Epics and their linked children in a tree view.. If you open to that, do take a look at an add-on we have developed for the same use case.

Agile Tools

You can view/create your complete hierarchy in a tree view. With Roll up for Time estimates and Story Points and custom number fields ate each parent level. 

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Links HIerarchy.PNG

Suggest an answer