Timed automation?

Tim Benschop October 29, 2019

Hello, I am looking for a way to time automations.

For example: 

10 hours after creation of an issue, change assignee to Peter.

or:

100 hours after last update of an issue, change custom field "Custom" to "value X".

How do I do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2019

Hi @Tim Benschop ,

You will be able to configure this automation rules with help of automation for Jira app. Please refer below sample rules for the same.

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 1.50.11 AM.pngScreenshot 2019-10-30 at 1.50.37 AM.pngThanks,

Avinash

Tim Benschop October 30, 2019

Thanks a lot!

However, I can't seem to find the exact option you are using.

See here:

Naamloos.jpg

How do I get the "updated>100h" function? I don't seem to have it.

By the way, I am using Automation Light right now (free version), and a cloud installation.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

Hi @Tim Benschop , 

For your case, you need to use updated < -100h and it is JQL query which shows that are not updated 100 hours back. 

Click on JQL tab in your screenshot and add the JQL query for updated. Validate the query and save.

Thanks,

Avinash

Wait.. Is that just a JQL expression? I tried "updated > 100h" as JQL and my rule looks like yours now. I will experiment some with this.

Another question: is it also possible to create a rule that only looks at the update of a certain field? For example (and now I come to my actual goal): 

24 hours after the value of the field "Action" has been set to "snooze for 24 hours", set its value to "now".

Let me describe this case some more:

I want to create an issue view that shows me all my tasks that require my immediate action. It shows all issues where the value of the custom field "Action" is "Now". However, I want to be able to snooze them. For example for 24 hours. I then set the Action field to the value "Snooze For 24 Hours", and the issue dissapears from my view. After 24 hours, I need it back, so the field value should return to "Now". That is what I need the automation for.

So, is there a way to schedule an automation based on how long ago a certain field (in my case "Action") was updated?

Thanks!

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2019

Hi @Tim Benschop ,

Yes , it is JQL expression and JQL query is updated < -100h

Please find below automation rule for your requirement and please feel free to rewrite the JQL according to your requirement.

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 1.53.32 AM.pngThanks,

Avinash

Thanks! I will experiment with this!

Suggest an answer