Ticket Updated by a user

Nalin Rastogi December 30, 2013

Hi Experts,

I am trying to find all the tickets updated by a particular user using below query:

issueFunction in commented("by Nalin.Rastogi@downergroup.com")

but this returns no rows..

Can you please suggest whats going wrong??

Regards

Nalin

3 answers

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2014

The part following the "by" should be a username according to the Script Runner documentation not the email of the user. I guess the username is not the same as the email, because usernames must be lowercase.

Michael Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2014

Technically the username doesn't have to be in lowercase. If you use external security like we do the user id's are in uppercase. But JIRA has a field that the uid is stored in all lowercase. From what I've seen, sometimes the foreign keys use the lower id field and sometimes it uses the actual id field. I think they are moving to an artificial key but not sure when that will happen.

That aside, you can have an email address be an user id as well. It could be different then what would be used to send you email though.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2014

Actually it is probably the key, and the search function converts user name to key. I'm not 100% sure this jql function works with renamed users - there are a number of bugs related to named users that I need to address.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2014

There is a key field on user which is the original username of the user, in lower-case, since I think 6.1.

I don't know what is actually indexed, but I would assume it's the current user name.

If that email address is actually the user name, then Nalin please let us know.

Nalin Rastogi January 8, 2014

Hi,

User name in Jira is "Nalin.Rastogi@downergroup.com" and is resolved successfully in other filters.

It's failing only in case I am using BY..

Regards

Nalin

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2014

Sounds like a bug then - please could you create an issue at https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV.

0 votes
Nalin Rastogi December 30, 2013

Hi Michael,

Yes, user exists with the same case.. also the query does not fall over; just shows

"No issues were found to match your search".

Regards

Nalin

0 votes
Michael Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2013

Do you see any errors? Does this user actually exist? With the same case as you have in the above?

Suggest an answer