Team Managed Project Board

Robert Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2024

I followed the instructions here and created a board using a filter and storing it in my personal folder.

My board has no options at all on the left panel, it won't allow me access to any settings around a timeline, calendar, or list. I inserted what the left panel looks like for me currently on my board.

Is this the expected behavior? Is there a workaround? Thank you in advance!

Screenshot 2024-07-06 194356.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2024

Hello @Robert Smith 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Based on my experimentation if you create a board from a saved filter and set the board location to your profile, then the features you mentioned won't be available. Those appear to be available only when the location of the board is a project.

I don't know if that is by design or a defect.

If you want a timeline for a board that has a Location of your profile it appears you will have to get that by creating a Plan from the Plans menu.

( @Jack Brickey The board was created from a filter and the Location is the user, not a Project. So there is no Project Settings option.)

Robert Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2024

Trudy, thank you! Ideally I would've liked the timeline view on my board itself, but activating a plan seems like a good alternative given the Team-Managed project limitations. To your earlier point, I was not able to store the board in a project because I am using a Team-Managed project which only allows for one board on the actual project, that's my understanding from what I read.

Following your advice and activating a plan allows me the timeline view, it's just in a separate tab which will work for now.

Thank you for your help here!

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2024

LOL....how sad that I missed that this was tied to my article! 

thanks @Trudy Claspill for the save.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2024

Hi @Robert Smith , go to project settings > features and enable the features you desire.

Robert Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 6, 2024

Unfortunately, I don't have the Project Settings option, only "Configure Board".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events