Tasks assigned to a user doesn't appear in Backlog

Aaron Tan June 17, 2019

Tickets were showing fine in both the backlog and active sprint board. After a while, tickets assigned to a particular user stopped showing in the backlog (but it shows up fine in the active sprint).

The filter query shows the tickets fine, the only place the tickets are not showing is at the Backlog view. I don't even see that particular user in the row where we can select users and the tasks will be filtered by assigned user.

I've tried searching for the indexing issue but it doesn't seem like it's available for JIRA Cloud users anymore. Not sure what to try anymore.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Tan June 23, 2019

Hey @Ollie Guan

It is a known bug when moving next-gen projects to older JIRA projects.

The bug is tracked here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17877

Many thanks for helping out!

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2019

Got, thanks for your follow-up.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2019

Hi @Aaron Tan ,

Whether the issue disappeared in the backlog has changed state ?

for example, from Open to In progress, etc...

Aaron Tan June 17, 2019

Hi @Ollie Guan

They haven't since it was last seen.

They appear fine in the active sprint though.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2019

You can try to check the two configurations of the board:

1.Column management : Issues in these statuses won't show on the Kanban board or Kanban backlog.

cm.png
2.Quick Filters: Whether the filter is enabled in the Backlog

qqf.png

Aaron Tan June 17, 2019

Thanks @Ollie Guan for the suggestions.

The settings were in the correct state prior to this. Same with the filter view.

I still can't figure out why - when using the JQL reveals all the issues correctly.

Screenshot 2019-06-17 at 9.25.16 PM.png

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2019

BTW : Which project template are you using now ? Kanban or Scrum Board or next-gen?

Aaron Tan June 17, 2019

@Ollie Guan Scrum, the old version.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2019

Hi @Aaron Tan ,

Screenshots will help with troubleshooting, I need a screenshot of the Backlog and a screenshot of the Issue in the active sprint board.

Aaron Tan June 17, 2019

@Ollie Guan Here you go, the first screenshot contains the backlog view, where one of the tickets assigned to a particular user is missing. The second screenshot is the scrum view where the tickets are showing correctly.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2019

Base Swimlanes on Querirs (Components) ? So, the missing issue is TM-80?

The issue type of TM-80 the same as other issues? Or is it a subtask?

Aaron Tan June 17, 2019

All are stories, not subtasks, the swim lanes are categorized based on Epics. As you can see, all tickets related to the assigned users for TM-67 are not showing in the Backlog.

There are more tickets that are missing apart of TM-80.

Aaron Tan June 17, 2019

@Ollie Guan

I did some further testing and it seems lie the filters are affected by Epics instead of users (I tried assigning the tickets to myself and the tickets do not show themselves in the backlog).

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2019

What is the current status of this Epic TM-67 ?

Could you show me the Filter Query for this board?

Aaron Tan June 17, 2019

project = TM ORDER BY priority ASC

The status of Epic TM-67 is in Open (most of the other Epics that are showing are in this status)./

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2019

Can you see TM-67 in the epics list when you choose show epics panel?

pn.png

Aaron Tan June 17, 2019

Sadly, no :(

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2019

Hi @Aaron Tan ,

It seems that all the configurations are correct.

You can try to contact the Atlassian support team for help.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

If you have any conclusions, please let me know, tks.

Aaron Tan June 17, 2019

Thanks @Ollie Guan , you've been incredibly helpful!

Suggest an answer