We have Jira with com.atlassian.jira.security.type.CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission enabled.
"show only projects where the user has create permission and issues within that where they are the reporter."
With that parameter enabled Gantt Chart always fails in every option with the following excepcion
2013-01-22 19:05:59,398 http-bio-8080-exec-11 ERROR username 1145x420x1 hisjqh 10.162.186.19,127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/JGCPShowGeneral.jspa [c om.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager] MethodInvocationException occurred getting message body from Velocity: java.lang.UnsupportedOp erationException java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException at com.atlassian.jira.security.type.AbstractIssueFieldSecurityType.getUsers(AbstractIssueFieldSecurityType.java:237) at com.atlassian.jira.scheme.AbstractSchemeManager.getUsers(AbstractSchemeManager.java:782) at com.atlassian.jira.permission.WorkflowBasedPermissionSchemeManager.getUsers(WorkflowBasedPermissionSchemeManager.java:72) at com.atlassian.jira.scheme.AbstractSchemeManager.getUsers(AbstractSchemeManager.java:749) at com.soyatec.jira.c.e.f(JiraUtil.java:739) at com.soyatec.jira.c.e.a(JiraUtil.java:1001) at com.soyatec.jira.plugins.i.t(GanttConfiguration.java:416) at com.soyatec.jira.actions.GeneralAction.getEnableUsersData(GeneralAction.java:154) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ...
Without that parameter the plugin worked, but I cannot disable it.
Gantt Chart Project 2.2.2
Gantt Chart Project 2.2.3
We have the same problem with the new version.
Look at this:
Uncomment the setting, after this, restart jira and configure your system to use it.
- Modify your schema permission:
Add to browse project : Reporter creator (after enabling the CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission, a new option appears)
- You must have 2 users, 4 groups and 2 projects:
- New groups: userA, userB, developerA, developerB
- User A must be included in group userA, developerA, jira-user and jira-developer
- User B must be included in group userB, developerB, jira-user and jira-developer
- Project A developers group must be set to the new group developersA
- Project A user group must be set to the new group userA
- Project A must left unassigned the new issues
- Project B developers group must be set to the new group developersB
- Project B user group must be set to the new group userB
- Project B must left unassigned the new issues
- User A is user and developer in project A. He can explore and work project A.
- User A cannot view issues in project B. He will see the project B. The CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission give him permission to open issues in project B and follow his issues, but only these
- User B is user and developer in project B
- User B cannot view issues in project A. He will see the project A. The CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission give him permission to open issues in project A and follow his issues, but only these
After you have that working, and have some issues, try to access the Gant Chart option and you will get the error.
I think that it's because the plugin is trying to display project B issues (using user A), but in project B my user only has permission to see his issues.
As a solution I wouldn't mind to see only issues in projectA (show me issues only if I'm developer/user of that project), since the userA cannot schedule issues in project B.
It seems it is a JIRA Issue. We just call:
And the exception is raised in a method getUsers() in the abstract class AbstractIssueFieldSecurityType
public Set<User> getUsers(PermissionContext ctx, String argument)
throw new UnsupportedOperationException();
This method should be implemented in the subclass.
We have tested with JIRA 5.2.2 and 5.2.5 using JIRA Gantt-chart Project 2.2.4 published in the altassian marketplace. We cannot reproduce it.
We have uncommented the setting of com.atlassian.jira.security.type.CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission in /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/permission-types.xml. And then restart JIRA. And then we try to access the Global of administration. It works fine.
Is there another setting ?
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG