Sync custom fields between issues from different projects.

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

Hi All,

Is it possible to sync custom fields between issues from different projects?.

Thank you.

3 answers

3 votes
Łukasz Krupa August 27, 2019

Hi, 

I'm IssueSYNC Product Owner

Yes, it is possible. Thanks to IssueSYNC App you can synchronize custom fields between issues from different projects. There is mapping between different field types supported. 

1 vote
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 22, 2018

Have a look at Exalate.  

Exalates comes with a script processor which allows you to perform any type of transformation, filtering or mapping.

For instance to do this 'sync custom fields' - check out following page from our documentation:How to synchronize custom fields.  You will see that almost any custom field mapping is possible such as cascading select to text field, or even a table grid editor to a comment.  That's why we position it as the most flexible issue synchronisation tool.

To mirror what @Gaston Valente says, ensuring autonomy between the different systems is critical.  You want to be able to upgrade your own JIRA without negotiating with the other parties your Jira is connected with.   Exalate has therefore a distributed architecture, where each instance has its own agent/addon to process incoming and outgoing messages.

If you want to know more - send us a mail (info@exalate.com)

Francis

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

Yes,

There're add-ons to do that.

Another way is to code the sync in groovy or sil or java.

You need to keep a reference in a field or link to the other issue and the user running should be able to read and write both of the issues

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2017

Thanks for the reply, you guys implemented it?

can you suggest me any addon or sample script.

Thanks. 

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2017

Ashish

You can try with scriptrunner, jjupin and i think there's a free one for python.

I'm usually work with ScriptRunner.

Here you can find a lot of code to work with:

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/GRV/pages/33030170/Post+Functions

There're a lot of pages

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2017

In my experience maintaining a dependecy between any entity, in this case two issues, is hard to maintain, so, my recommendation is:

make a great documentation and include the criteria, for every issue of the relationship document with fields it is responsible to set.

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2017

Thank you, Gaston.

Suggest an answer