Swagger codegen compilation failure

mat1e March 8, 2021

Hello,

I am actually doing a rest api client for Jira for integration tools.

Firstly I was going to use jira-rest-java-client-api but it cannot manage project and user...

I found many discussions on the Jira swagger but when I try to generate the client code with swagger-codegen-maven-plugin, I got a compilation error with Java 11 :

FieldValueClause.java:[45,5] as of release 9, '_' is a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier

It looks like the swagger model is not working with java 11, so I changed my compiler to Java 8 but I got an other compilation error :

IssueTypeSchemesApi.java:[52,48] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol: class IssueTypeIDs
[ERROR] location: class io.swagger.client.api.IssueTypeSchemesApi

I saw the class IssueTypeIDs has wrong name declaration, the file is named IssueTypeIDs but the class name is IssueTypeIds.

Related to this error report during compilation :

bad source file: C:\...\IssueTypeIDs.java
file does not contain class io.swagger.client.model.IssueTypeIDs
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the sourcepath.

Do you know a solution to this? I saw this tutorial : https://blog.developer.atlassian.com/update-to-jira-clouds-swagger-openapi-docs/ is using codegen directly but I prefer to use the maven plugin to generate the client code during compilation if possible.

My environment :

swagger json : swagger-v3.v3.json 

codegen version : swagger-codegen-maven-plugin 3.0.25 (tries with 3.0.24 and 3.0.20)

Java 8.

Thanks in advance.

Mathieu DELROCQ

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben Kelley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2021

The IssueTypeIDs problem should be fixed now.

I see what you mean about the FieldValueClause. I'll look into it, and comment back here.

Ben Kelley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2021

So it's how swagger-codegen maps the enum value to a type name. I can't see an easy way to specify that you need to send "xyz" but it should call it "abc".

Looking at how enums work in Open API, I don't think there's an easy way to get around how swagger-codegen creates identifiers for Java. I might submit a bug report for swagger-codegen, as I can see that its strategy for identifier naming will be a problem for Java 11.

In the short term, if you don't actually use this, you could just remove the "~=" option for operator for JqlQueryField.

Ben Kelley
Atlassian Team
May 16, 2021
Ben Kelley
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2021

Note that the FieldValueClause problem should be fixed.

1 vote
Ben Kelley
Atlassian Team
May 16, 2021

Note that you're using the Swagger spec for Jira Cloud, but you tagged this as Jira Server. The Cloud and Server APIs have differences.

Suggest an answer