Suite Utilities for JIRA validator error

Caitsith January 16, 2017

Hi,

I used Jira suit utility for restrict workflow's field.

It works well when i fulfill the whole required fields, but i got error when i didn't.

JIRA version: 7.2.3

Suit plugin version: 1.4.12(latest version)

Is there anyone see like this error? 

0.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2017

Either the configuration of the validator you have put on the transition is bad, or you've got an incompatible or buggy version of the JSU

First, check "manage add-ons" for the JSU version and check that it's valid for your version of JIRA.

Second, take a look at the validator config - they usual way to break one is to set up a simple check like "field xyz must be filled in" and then delete or make-unavailable field xyz.  Sometimes, you get a polite message, but often a crash.

In the second case, or if it's neither of them, try removing the validator completely, and then re-adding it.

Caitsith January 17, 2017

Hi Nic, 

Thanks for reply. 

I checked JSU version and validator(delete and re-add) but still same. 

Is their any suggestion to debug it? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2017

What was the result when you removed the validator (and did not re-add it)? 

Then, after you added it back, what Exactly was the config of the validator and what type of field(s) did you point it at?

Caitsith January 17, 2017

When i removed it. it works well cause there're no other restrictions. 

After re-add it, it breaks with same error message. 

The type of fields are custom fields(Date Picker and User Picker(single user))

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2017

Ok, it's definitely the validator then.  What exactly is the config of the validator?

Caitsith January 18, 2017

I added "Fields Required" then add two custom fields that i made. 

I tested "Ignore Context" check, unchecked are same. 

0.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2017

Ok, you have done everything right here, so I'm pretty sure you have found a bug in the JSU.

There's one last test I'd like you to do - split the validator.  Set the existing one to validate on the user picker and then add a completely new validator (of the same type) to look at the date.

Does that work, or does it crash on one or both validators?

Caitsith January 22, 2017

Hi, 

Sorry for late comment.

I tested both of them, but still crashed. (Only user picker, Only Date picker, Both of them)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2017

No problem.  Next thing to look at is the versions of Java, JIRA and the JSU you are on.

Caitsith January 23, 2017

I installed Java 1.8, Jira 7.2.3, and JSU 1.4.12

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2017

Ah, well, that answers it.

Your JSU version is not compatible with 7.2.3.  See https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities/versions

Caitsith January 24, 2017

Thanks for verification. 

I thought i checked it, but it's my mistake. 

I'll update after change it.

Caitsith January 25, 2017

Thanks Nic,

It's solved

Suggest an answer