Subscribing to dashboard calendar widget using ical

Chris M May 1, 2013

Slightly stuggling with this, maybe it's something I am doing wrong in Google calendar.

I setup an 'issues calendar' widget on a Jira dashboard and clicked the 'Export in iCal format' link underneath it. I import the iCalendarExport.ics into Google calendar using the web interface (other->import calendar) and the issues appear in my calendar and are synced to my iphone.

I have noticed however that if I now go and add another issue to the Jira dashboard calendar this is not reflected in my google calendar. It's almost as if I've just done a one-time import rather than subscribe?

Any ideas?

4 answers

0 votes
Deleted user September 9, 2018

Did anyone find a useful way to integrate Jira issues into an iCal?

0 votes
Chris M June 26, 2013
Can't be that hard to add subscribes yo Jira calendars - would make confluence a far more useful product.
0 votes
Chris M May 6, 2013

Anyone got an ideas? Is this a bug with the product?

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

Well, the iCal that you export only contains a subset of issues right? Unless its a link to resource itself, what you'll only get is a subset of issues.

You'll need to search for a proper integration for this (https://zapier.com/zapbook/google-calendar/jira/).

Chris M May 1, 2013

What I did was setup a custom issue type 'milestone' and these are used throughout several projects defined using the 'due date' field. As I say it works fine the first time you import, but if you go and add a new milestone afterwards it will not appear in the calendar.

Suggest an answer