Sub-Task Filter based on Parent IssueType

Jason Campo October 13, 2021

I wouldn't think this would be hard and I preface my question by saying "No, I do not have ScriptRunner."

How do I create a filter showing all sub-tasks in which their parent ticket is of a specific Issuetype?

1 answer

0 votes
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2021

Hi @Jason Campo 

Unfortunately it can't be done natively, as you said, you need ScriptRunner or some JQL extension Apps (JQL booster pack, JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports...).
I leave you some options although none of them will cover your requirements 100%, but in case you need them:

• Make a filter (You must include one by one the Keys of Issues you want to visualize.)
    • Parent IN (Key-1, Key-2, Key-3) 
  • You can also make a filter in which you show the linked issues column, but you must take into account that not only will appear those issues that have a parent-child relationship, but all those relationships that you have in the issue in question (relates to, blocks...).

I hope it helps you
Greetings

Suggest an answer