Story points by issue type by sprint

Diego Ambuhl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2016

I created a two dimensional filter in a Dashboard to know the amount of issues by sprint by issue type. I need to know the same information but instead of counting the amount of issues I want to summarize by story points.

3 answers

2 votes
bartziemba
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2019

Hi,

Can you please share how did you achieve the amount of issues by sprint by issue type? 

1 vote
Benjamin Weinheimer-Erben (mgm-tp)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

Hi Diego,

as far as I know you will not get this number in a gadget on your dashboard or with standard filter possibilities.

I know only two ways to get such information:

1. If you use the plugin ScriptRunner for JIRA you could create a filter for each issue-type and sprint including the aggregateExpression.
  2. If you use the plugin Structure for JIRA you could create a structure for your project by sprint and issue type and aggregate the story point to the next higher level of your structure.

it just came to me that there is a third option if you use JIRA Software (JIRA Agile):

• Create a Quick Filter on your scrum board for each issue type. In the planning view click the filter and you will see the sum of Story points for the current issues within the sprint-info panel.

hope that helps
Benjamin

0 votes
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

Benjamin, thanks for the Structure mention!

@Diego Ambuhl, with Structure you can group by Sprint and then Issuetype, then add story points and sub-issue count columns to get something like this, and you can put it on your dashboard:

image2016-9-20 21:25:41.png

Any number and time columns you add can also be aggregated, and you can group by most JIRA fields.

So you can also make a dashboard report showing the current workload of your team (insert unresolved issues, group by assignee, add story point or estimate columns).

Suggest an answer