Storing often used phrases in jira

Evgeniy Onoprienko January 23, 2019

Can i store often used phrases in jira? Thanks for answers

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2019

Another option might be to create a custom field with check boxes. Then simply click each check box for that issue. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2019

@Evgeniy Onoprienko, can you provide more info? what is your use case where you would use these phrases?

Evgeniy Onoprienko January 23, 2019

Jack Brickey , i am a qa engineer, and often i use the same phrases in my reports to tasks. For example, "Checked in production". I need to know, can jira store my phrases, in order to generate it in reports by using some combination of keys on keypad (for instance)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2019

No it can’t do that but I would suggest you use a typing accelerator. Macs have one built in but I use “atext” as an example.

Evgeniy Onoprienko January 24, 2019

Thank you, Jack Brickey!

Suggest an answer