Status shown as Irrelevant in the gadgets in Jira dashboard

Santosh Srinivas August 28, 2019

When creating a dashboard widget and selecting status as x axis or y axis in a 2D widget or any other widget to display the data on Status and on save , the Status value is shown as "Irrelevant" and not the actual Status value of the Jira.

Note : The status for the project exists such as Backlog ,InProgress ,QA Ready etc , but still shown as Irrelevant.

12 answers

2 votes
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2019

Hi @sa

I also ran into this issue on Jira Cloud, so I recorded a quick video showing the problem and how it can be solved using Custom Charts for Jira:

https://youtu.be/wPeYMSE_joE?t=135

This is a simple to use pie charting app that allows you to customise the colors, change the order, and group options together. Crucially, for your issue, it works across Next Gen and Classic Jira Projects :)

You can test the app out right now on our free interactive playground: https://www.oldstreetsolutions.com/custom-charts-for-jira

Custom_Charts_for_Jira_Playground.png

We have plans for a number of other chart types, including bar charts and funnel charts.

I hope this provides a solution to your problem. If you have any suggestions of how we could improve the app I'd love to hear them :)

Thanks,

Tom
Custom Charts Product Manager

Chris Cooke Old Street Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 3, 2020

Bar Chart, Funnel Charts, JQL Filters, Story points. All available now, on Cloud, Server, and Data Center. This is the best app for Jira Reporting and Charts.Custom Jira Charts Dashboard.PNG

0 votes
Patricio Rodriguez March 8, 2021

Hi All,

I have the same error, all

irrelevant.PNG

If you want to see the detail, you can see that is complete:

detail.PNG

I was reading about this, some people talk about Re Indexing, but I don't have the option because is JIRA Cloud.

Could you please help me? Thanks!!

Regards,

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

I'm sorry I'm slow - last week was hectic at work (and short due to holiday), and this week it's Atlassian Open, so I'm in Vienna and talking instead of sitting behind a computer.

The screen shots you've given us are really useful, but they're also inconsistent.  It is like you are looking at two different things, but it is very hard to tell, and also could be pointing to a very specific type of data corruption!

I'd like to concentrate on one aspect next and rule out looking at two different things.

Starting with the screenshot of "Two Dimensional Filter Statistics: BulkOrderIssues_WithQA" (chosen because seeing the config for it and the results is perfect for debugging) - the results showing 18 is great. 

The data may have changed since you took the screenshot, so I'd like you to go back to that and refresh it.  Assuming it still shows an "irrelevant" column, could you click on a number in that column (does not matter who the assignee is, only the column matters)

And then, one last screenshot (Sorry to ask but sometimes they are so much more clear).  We need to see the line with all the field headers and the whole of the first issue, unedited and unobscured (but feel free to remove text columns from the issue navigator)

Finally, could you give us the JQL for the filter?

Santosh Srinivas September 11, 2019

Thanks for coming back @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- . I have attached the latest snapshots

1. 2D filter screenshot

2. Unable to click on the total count on the Irrelevant column (it is not a hyper link)

3. However was able to click on the Total (T) column and navigate to filter. Filter snapshot

4. JQL for the filter - project in ("Shopify Integrations") AND labels = BulkOrder AND status in ("QA Verified", Closed, "QA Ready", "QA IN PROGRESS", "In QA Review") ORDER BY status DESC

Do let me know if you need anything elseScreen Shot 2019-09-11 at 2.10.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-11 at 2.09.52 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2019

There is something very very broken here - the 1 and the 15 in the irrelevant column should always be hyperlinks - that's the whole point of the gadget!

It makes it impossible to diagnose further, but there are two more things to try.  Could you

Re-index the project and check the 2d gadget again?

Run the integrity checker for any broken workflow information and tell it to fix anything that is broken? (and check the gadget again)

Goutam Nemalpuri August 13, 2020

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

Do you have any idea, the main reason of this issue?

Because we are facing this type of problem frequently only on same one or two project. After the project project re-indexing the actual status of issue is showing in the dashboard. But in the enterprise level it's very hard to re-index the project every time manually. So I just want to know root cause of this. Plz let me know if you have any one time fix for this. 

Regards,

Goutam

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2020

If you are finding that data is correct after you re-index, that means you have a broken workflow or listener - something is changing your issues and messing up the index as it does it.

You'll need to find that and fix it.

0 votes
Santosh Srinivas September 11, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Could you please help resolution of this issue?

0 votes
Santosh Srinivas September 9, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Have attached the status workflow snapshot . Please check. 28 issues are in irrelevant state as the filter is on Status. Thats precisely the issue as to why the actual status values not shown in the charts. Please help how to resolve this issue.

0 votes
Santosh Srinivas September 9, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 2.23.38 PM.png

0 votes
Santosh Srinivas September 8, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Please check the above screenshots and help me in resolving the observed issue. Thanks

0 votes

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 7.30.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-08 at 7.30.08 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2019

This looks like you have 28 issues with a status of "irrelevant".  I would check that by going into the filter (by clicking on the pie chart), then opening up one of the issues and checking its status and workflow.

0 votes

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Thanks for the reply, please find the attached snapshots as required

0 votes

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 7.24.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-08 at 7.24.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-08 at 7.24.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 7.31.55 PM.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2019

I have seen something a little like this before, but with different wording and behaviour, but it's almost impossible to ask the questions I need to see if it is a similar case, or explain clearly why and what in a couple of thousand characters here!

Could you help clarify what you are seeing please?   I'm afraid I'm asking for partial screenshots which are a bit of a pain compared with typing, but I think a visual here will be a lot faster!

• Pick one of the gadgets that is showing this irrelevant (the more simple the gadget the better - filter statistics would be ideal if it has the problem, but you mention the 2 dimensional gadget which would be a very good choice too).  Can you then
    • Have a look at the filter it is using, and pick one of the issues returned by the filter that is showing in the gadget as "irrelevant".  Can you show us a screenshot of the issue's main (system) fields - the area with type, summary, key, status, resolution etc (feel free to obscure summary and other text fields, if you are worried about leaking information, we only need to see the more structural stuff)
    • Then, a screenshot of the gadget showing "irrelevant" (just that gadget, and again, feel free to scribble over text like its name etc)
    • And last, a view of the gadget's configuration.  We need to see all the settings (but again, things like the name of the filter or gadget can be obscured)
0 votes
Santosh Srinivas August 29, 2019

Can anyone please help answer the same. The actual statuses are not shown in the Status column in the Jira Dashboard , but shown as Irrelevant

Suggest an answer