Sprint progress gadget

Eden Cohen April 7, 2024

Hi!

I want to add a gadget to a dashboard that reflects the current sprint health or progress of a project, something similar to the Sprint insights that can be viewed in Active sprints:

sprintInsights.png

I tried the 'Sprint Health Gadget' in Dashboards but it doesn't show our progress. It says 'No estimated issues (Estimation (in days))'.

sprintHealth.png

Our project Estimation settings is set on 'Original time estimate'. We don't work with Story points.

Any idea how to solve this or which other gadget I should use for displaying the sprint status of a project in Dashboards?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2024

Hi @Eden Cohen 

Welcome to the community !!

If time estimates and time spent are entered and tracked at user story level then the gadget should work as expected. You may want to check if the gadget works with changing the estimation type to issue count.

Also for detailed sprint status, if you would be interested in a mktplace app, pls do take a look at 
Sprint Velocity & Status Gadgets 

The app comes with couple of gadgets to track sprint status with multiple parameters and also to track team member's velocity in a sprint .

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Sprint Status.png

Resource Velocity Chart.png

Eden Cohen April 7, 2024

Thank you so much @Amay Purohit_RVS! Switching it to Issue count solved the issue.

Your app looks really cool - I'll definitely check it out! :)

Like Amay Purohit_RVS likes this
0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2024

Hi @Eden Cohen and welcome to the Community!

Check the estimation settings in your scrum board (from board settings > estimation). And also: to track progress when you work with time based estimations, you should let your people track the time spent. Thus, your progress will be measured from the remaining estimate field and you should see progress reflected in the sprint health gadget.

Hope this helps!

Eden Cohen April 7, 2024

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout

I checked the board settings > estimation. Time tracking is enabled and we use 'Original time estimate' as our estimation method. Our team logs their work and all the reports work, so that's not the problem. Just can't get this gadget to work. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events