Sprint Permissions

Josh Goedert May 20, 2024

We are trying to give someone permissions to close and start sprints in one of our projects. They are in the appropriate roles. Also have give them the right permission needed on each project being pulled from the filter, but still nothing. What else am I needing to add them to be able to manage sprints. I have attached the filter as well. image.png

1 answer

1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2024

Hi @Josh Goedert ,

I guess the filter is just too complex. Try to simplify it or add brackets (usually combination of AND and OR without brackets is problematic).

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2024

In addition, your user needs to have appropriate permissions for all the projects in the board.

If you want the user to have this possibility for only a one project, you need to create a separate board for him with this project only.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2024

I agree with @Hana Kučerová, your OR sections of the JQL is not limiting the filter to just the projects that are specified, and that is the most likely issue that the user that you want to manage the sprints do not have permissions to do so.

Like Hana Kučerová likes this

Suggest an answer