Sprint Burndown Chart

Anupam Bhattacharjee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2024

Hi,

I am trying to use sprint burndown chart in my project. But its not showing the remaining work hours left, even after logging hours in the work items. Could you please let me know how to fix the same or what I am missing here ?

2 answers

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2024

Hi @Anupam Bhattacharjee and welcome to the Community!

Navigate to your board settings and check the estimation statistic on your board. If you want to see time burndown, you need to select time estimates as the statistic for your board. If it is set to story points or issue count, you will indeed not see any progress until issues are fully completed.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 2, 2024

Hi @Anupam Bhattacharjee,

Make sure that your agile board is configured to use time estimates and it has Time tracking enabled.

image.png

Then, make sure you run the Sprint Burndown Chart Report by Remaining Time Estimate:

image.png

If this does not help, you could try the Burndown Burnup Chart gadget offered by our Great Gadgets app. This gadget is highly configurable, works with any type of estimates and can include the sub-tasks in the estimation. 

See also https://community.atlassian.com/t5/App-Central/Tracking-an-agile-project-that-uses-time-estimates-with-Great/ba-p/1699994 

Hope this helps.

Danut.   

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events