Specify multiple OUs as "additional User DN" in AD/LDAP-Configuration?

Dieter Guthmann May 8, 2018

Is it possible to specify multiple OUs (3 in my case) as "Additional User DN" to reduce the the the subtree-search-depth within the ActiveDirectory?

2 answers

0 votes
Manish Ranjan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2019

On Applying comma between two OU, it throws error " org.springframework.ldap.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-03100238, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: 'OU=AS,DC=australiansuper,DC=net,DC=au' ]; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-03100238, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: 'OU=AS,DC=australiansuper,DC=net,DC=au' ]; remaining name 'OU=AS-PreOneNetwork,OU=AS,DC=australiansuper,DC=net,DC=au' " 

Also, Sync fails due to above error.

Mihail March 3, 2020

Sadly, seems that it is not directly possible, at least from Jira 7.0 - also have such error.

The only possible decision I can found - specifying groups, like here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Specify-multiple-OUs-as-quot-additional-User-DN-quot-in-AD-LDAP/qaq-p/1202714 - cannot specify OU in filter, have to use groups inside.

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2018

Sure! Just comma separate them:

image.png

Cheers,
Daniel

Dieter Guthmann May 8, 2018

Thank you, that helped. :)

Dieter Guthmann March 29, 2019

Since JIRA 8 I have to concatenate the Entries in 'Additional User DN' as follows:

OU=ItalianUsers,FrenchUsers,GermanUsers
OU=ItalianUsers,OU=FrenchUsers,OU=GermanUsers 

doesn't work any more.

Suggest an answer