Some issues not appearing in board when starting new sprint

Chris Hubbard October 30, 2019

Hello! I will explain my issue through example: Let's say that my board currently has Sprint A (which is active), Sprint B (which is a future sprint), and the backlog. Throughout the week, I will add tickets to Sprint B as we assign tasks for the upcoming sprint. When Sprint A ends, I end the sprint and translate all unfinished issues to Sprint B. Then, I activate Sprint B. However, the issue is that when I start Sprint B, all of the issues do not show on the Board. I then navigate to each issue that is not appearing on the board. The issues still has the correct sprint (Sprint B) list as the sprint it's a part of. If I then remove the sprint and re-add it, the issue will appear on my board.

My question is, why would not all of my issues appear on the Board automatically? I've tried to find some common denominator between the issues that dont appear, but haven't found anything yet. I'm hoping you might have some ideas, thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

Hi Chris and welcome to the Community! As explained this surely seems odd but let's dig in a bit.

What issues don't carry into Sprint B initially? Are they unfinished Sprint A issues, Sprint B only issues or a mixture? To be clear just prior to starting sprint B you have say 10 issues (7 SB only issues and 3 SA&B issues) and when you click start sprint you see maybe 6 issues move to the Active Sprint board? Where do the other 4 appear? Back in the backlog, in the active sprint list on the Backlog board or not on any board?

Chris Hubbard October 30, 2019

Hi jack, thanks for replying. It turns out the issue was actually a bug that was affecting our company's service (across all boards) Thanks for reaching out though!

To answer your question, it was only issues from Sprint B that were missing. None of the issues that were transferred from A to B were missing.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2019

good to know. a bug explains this one best for sure. ;-)

Suggest an answer