Some Issues that are part of an epic do not show their EPIC label in the backlog

Dimitar Selenski April 6, 2018

As seen in the photo below:

1. Issue COREDB-231 is part of an epic named "Счетоводство 2.0" (you can see it in the "Epic link" on the right side). 

- The problem is, that the epic name is neithern shown in the backlog, nor on the left side, in the epics panel

2. At the same time, another issue, SMERP-3165, which is also in an epic (a different one, called "Прехвърляне на пр..."), DOES show the epic name in the backlog AND the epic itself shows in the epics panel

Here is a screenshot:

Software Kanban - Agile Board - SELMATIC JIRA - Google Chrome.png

I have compared the two epics and I couldn't find any difference or logic why one shows and the other doesn't. 

Several of the issues in the backlog are part of that EPIC that is not showing. So in short, it seems that some epics simply don't show, while others do. 

This is very anoying, as we need to know which issues are part of which epic while planning! (some epics are higher priority than others and thus their issues). 

We have just moved from the cloud version to the server version (7.8.1). We have imported all our data in the server version from the cloud. 

The above described problem was present both in the cloud and is present now in the server version. 

1 answer

0 votes
Annie Ioceva April 10, 2018

Hi Dimitar,

Have you checked the "Epic Status" field of the Epics which are missing on the board?

This may be the reason some Epics do not show on the board.

If "Epic Status" = Done, then Epics are filtered from the board. How to undo it here.

Regards,

Annie

Dimitar Selenski April 10, 2018

Thank you very much, Annie, but I did that already. 

The missing EPIC has EPIC STATUS="IN PROGRESS"!

Suggest an answer