Smart commit message not working properly

Evaluating JIRA 5.2.11 Fisheye/Crucible 2.10.4

Using Git I make the following commit:

git commit -m "TTWCS-8 #time 1w #comment Finally Done! +review TcMh"

The code shows up in the in the Source tab, but no comment, time update or review appears. Can I not do Crucible and JIRA smart actions together? Any other insights?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi James,

To use FE smart commits, please check the following information:

Hope its help.

Regards, John

I had the application link set, but smart commits were off. Thanks!

Thanks again for your help. the #comment now works, but #time does not, and also the comment includes the +review flag. So it looks like "Finally Done! +review TcMh". If I combine the smart commit "flags" is there a particular order they should be in?

Hi James,

Maybe the documentation able to help you where you can see how the format run in smart commits:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Using+smart+commits#Usingsmartcommits-Advancedcommandlinesyntax

Smart commits with DVCS. User email must mach in:

• JIRA user
  • Bitbucket user (commiter)
  • in your .gitconfig in section user

I had wrong email address in my .gitconfig and smart commits not work propertly.

Brilliant! That was the thing for me. My email was changed in GitHub, hence smart commits were not working anymore. Updated email address in C:\Users\<theUser>\.gitconfig file and problem solved. Thanks.

In particular note that smart commits are disabled by default if you have any DVCS repositories.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

78 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you