Slack & Jira integration Failed to save configuration

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2020

Hello, 

Has anyone come across this error 

Failed to save configuration. Try again by refreshing the page or reconfiguring the channel.

I use this JQL and it doesn't want to save

((created >= startOfDay() AND created < startOfDay(8h) OR created > startOfDay(18h)) AND (created >= startOfWeek(1d) AND created <= startOfWeek(6d))

OR

(createdDate >= startOfWeek() AND createdDate <= startOfWeek(1d) or created >= startOfWeek(6d) AND created <= startOfWeek(7d)))

AND

(reporter in (membersOf("Group")) or Organizations in (Org_1, Org_2, Org_3) or (priority in (Highest, High)))

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Luiz Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2020

Hey @Olga Videc,

I'm sorry you've had some trouble with the integration.

As for the first query, it seems there's an unexpected additional parenthesis at the beginning. I've tried it and it seems to work like this:

(created >= startOfDay() AND created < startOfDay(8h) OR created > startOfDay(18h)) AND (created >= startOfWeek(1d) AND created <= startOfWeek(6d))

The second one has an unexpected parenthesis at the end. It worked for me like this:

(createdDate >= startOfWeek() AND createdDate <= startOfWeek(1d) or created >= startOfWeek(6d) AND created <= startOfWeek(7d))

The third one also worked for me as long as there the group and organizations referred there existed.

The JQL editor should give you a hint when the JQL is broken, like this:

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 3.43.39 PM.png

Or this:

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 3.51.38 PM.png

If you are not seeing hints and errors, please check:

• Your browser has JavaScript enabled.
  • There are not errors in your browser console that could be preventing the integration of working.
  • That you have the latest version of the integration.

I hope that helps and that you can find a solution for your issue. let us know otherwise.

Cheers!

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2020

Hello Luz, 

Thanks a lot, another problem has been spotted it doesn't allow more than 256 characters with spaces.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-216?jql=watcher%20%3D%20currentUser()

BR, Olga

Like Luiz Silva likes this
Luiz Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2020

Hi,

Thank you very much for reporting the bug. I've added this to our internal bug tracking and we will follow up with it soon.

Cheers!

Mykhailo Vlasov
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2020

Hi Olga!

I am proud to announce that this issue has been addressed in the recent release of Jira Server for Slack - 2.0.8. Feel free to upgrade to it and check if it solves your issue.

Like Olga Videc likes this

Suggest an answer