Sidebar settings

Monika Mainka November 19, 2018

Dear Community members,

I have a small but "makes me crazy" problem :-)

How can I change the setting for the menu to "implement" it into the sidebar when i minimize it. Since a few days I have a stupid button to expand and collapse the menue (somthing like a round hamburger-button), but I don't like it, I prefer to implement the menue into the sidebar, that's all... 

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you all!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2018

Hi Monika,

The New collapsed navigation was introduced on Atlassian Cloud changes Oct 8 to Oct 15 2018 and this feature will be rolled out to everyone soon.

To open the sidebar, you just need to hover the mouse over it.

We already have a feature request suggesting that the sidebar gets collapsed even if we hover the mouse over:

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71065

Also, you can click on your Avatar on the bottom left corner and select "Give feedback". Select the option Navigation from the Drop-down menu and add your comments.

Regards,
Angélica

Sophia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2019

I'd like the sidebar showing the space pages open by default. Is there a way to do this?

Like Licinda Harris likes this
0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2019

Hi @Sophia

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, would like to see this functionality on Confluence? Is it Cloud or Server?
If it's not related to Confluence, can you give us more details about where would you like to see the pages?

Regards,
Angélica

Sophia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 5, 2019

yes this has to do with Confluence. The default when I go to a confluence wiki page is for the left side bar to be collapsed. I have to open it each time. It's a cloud version. 

wiki.jpg

Suggest an answer