Show warning if field is empty

CodingSpiderFox July 24, 2019

I know that it's possible to have mandatory fields and let the ticket creation fail when they are empty.

Is there a less strict way? I'm thinking of "recommended" fields where we only display a warning an when the creator clicks the create button, it displays a warning, focuses the first empty "recommended" field (marking all of those recommended fields which are empty in orange colour).

If the user decides to leave it empty anyway, and clicks the create button the second time, the ticket should be created anyway.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2019

Through years of using tools like JIRA, I found in most cases people do not enter data in non-required fields. I think @Jack Brickey idea will help, I suspect most people will ignore it. If you make it required putting N/A satisfies the requirement.  

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2019

there is no way to do what you are saying as far as color. You can change the description of the field to include "recommended".

Suggest an answer