Show all tasks in several epics based on a filter

Stian Bentsen Sveen February 13, 2019

Not sure im going about it the right way....

I want to show all tasks in several epics where the epics to be included use a specific value in a custom field.

I found another question in the community pages that I thought were pretty similar, but I cant get it to work.

So first I created a filter with the query: 

project = "IT Operations" AND issuetype = Epic AND "Assignment Group" = NetSec and resolution = unresolved

Assignment Group is the custom field we use to "assign" tasks to a department which are then picked up by someone in that department since they have dashboards monitoring unassigned tickets in their Assignment Group.

Running this query shows me 1 epic which is currently the only one in this project.

I've saved this and based on another question asked here I should be able to then do another filter like this:

issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("filter = 'TestEpicFilter'") or filter=TestEpicFilter order by issuetype

However it only shows the 1 epic, none of the tasks in that epic.

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

Hello @Stian Bentsen Sveen

This should work

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = 'IT Operations' AND 'Assignment Group' = 'NetSec'")

The above query will get all issues in those epics which are in project IT operations and the custom field value is what you desire.

Stian Bentsen Sveen February 13, 2019

Hi Tarun,

Oh yeah, that is much better than what I was trying to do.

I tried to just use the issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("Assignment Group = 'NetSec'") first, but that first of all failed because I forgot apostrophe inf front and after "Assignment Group", then I was also using the incorrect function.

Your query works like a charm, thanks!

Br,

Stian

Suggest an answer