Show Component in BigPicture Gantt

Tomasz Bryła April 9, 2018

Hello, is it possible to display the component as the task's parent in BigPicture on the Gantt chart?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2018

Hi

In big picture configuration page choose synchronization tab and at the bottom of page in task hierarchy drag "synchronize component structure" from Available to Selected area.

This is big picture description for this functionality:

• Component based structure synchronizer - all issues are moved as children of a component task specified in Components field. If there are multiple components selected in Components field the first one is promoted as a parent. In most cases you need to have component synchronization enabled (see General section) to work it properly
Tomasz Bryła April 9, 2018

Thanks, just few minutes ago I found this option :) 

Keith Ballantyne
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 29, 2018

This doesn't work.  it simply lists the component at the bottom of the tree, not as a parent wherever it's used within the tree!

Like Jonny James likes this

Suggest an answer