Sharing projects

Jocelyn Edmondson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

I am not sure if this is possible, but can I share one project with out sharing the rest? I have multiple projects and I would love to know if I could share/invite a client to their specific project with out allowing them access to the other projects I have for other clients.  

Again unsure if this is possible to share one project with out allowing access to all projects but I really appreciate any answers or advice! 

3 answers

0 votes
Becky Brooks - Visor for Jira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2024

Hi @Jocelyn Edmondson ,

The responses above regarding how to accomplish this with Jira's built-in permission schemes are totally valid. 

Full disclosure: I work at Visor, an app in the Atlassian Marketplace, and we also solve for this problem by allowing you to sync your Jira data into a Table, Gantt, Timeline chart, or Kanban/Board view. You have total control over what goes into these views because you can filter out info and add formatting. Then, you can share that view with who you please. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226209/visor-spreadsheet-gantt-chart-for-jira-with-excel-export?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

This is a low-input way to achieve the same goal! 

Hope that helps.

-- Becky @ Visor

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

@Jocelyn Edmondson 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

You have tagged your post that you are using the Free version of Jira. Are you really using the Free version of Jira?

If you are then you cannot limit the projects to which your licensed users have access. Refer to the first paragraph on this page:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/what-is-the-free-jira-cloud-plan/

0 votes
Arensa Prasta April 11, 2024

@Jocelyn Edmondson of course you can! You just need to create a specific permission scheme for that project, so you can give your new client certain rights. 
You can read more about permissions here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

Just to add to @Arensa Prasta good answer. You also have to make sure that your other projects have a permission scheme that does not allow the client to access those. I would recommend that you use project roles in you permission scheme, that way project admins can control who have access to the project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events