Setting Up Multiple Customer Projects

Lori Downing
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

I am an Implementations Director for a SaaS company.  I am trying to set up all of our customer implementation projects in one place to track & manage, essentially a portfolio for our projects. Is it best to do this in Jira or Confluence? What is the best way to go about setting this up? Do I create a Jira project for each implementation? 

I've used Jira and Confluence in the past, but not for tracking implementation projects so any help would be great. 

Some of our requirements are:

• Create tasks to assign out to project team members
  • Ability for customers to report issues against a project
  • Time tracking against the project
  • Dashboard to track KPIs on our projects
  • Likely need to have some custom fields on the projects, i.e. Red/Yellow/Green project health, revenue, etc.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2024

Hello @Lori Downing 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

While I'm sure people here in the community will offer you a variety of suggestions on this topic, you may want to consider engaging with an Atlassian Solution Partner that can work with you to thoroughly assess your business process and you needs for interacting with your customers, and provide you with a comprehensive plan for implementing Jira and/or Confluence to best meet your needs.

Disclosure: I work for Praecipio, which is an Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner operating in North America. If you are interested in talking to our team about helping you, please don't hesitate to contact us.

There is a directory where you can search for a partner that offers the services you need.

https://www.atlassian.com/partners

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events