Set Permissions for webwork1

Sebastian Braun June 18, 2012

Hi,

according to this example

http://jira-plugin-pack.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/jira-plugin-pack/src/atlassian-plugin.xml

i tried to make one of my webwork1-modules only available for admin-users.

<webwork1 key="myAdminWebwork" name="Administer user dashboards"
		class="java.lang.Object" roles-required="admin">
</webwork1>

Unfortunately the additional attribute "roles-required" had absolutly no effect. Also this webwork can be called even without a login. I tried several other approaches by using condition, but nothing works so far. In the Documentation I've only found ways to secure websections, plugins etc. but not how this is done for webworks.

Greetings Sebastian

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2012

As you said, conditions can be done only on web-sections, web-items etc thus preventing users from seeing the action. But they will still be able to access it directly.

You need to handle within the action class. Within the methods, check the permissions before doing anything and redirect to a permission error page if the permission is not there.

A typical example:

if (!permissionManager.hasPermission(Permissions.ADMINISTER, getLoggedInUser())) {
    return "securitybreach";
}

Sebastian Braun June 18, 2012

Hi Jobin,

thanks for your answer. I already used a construct like the one you posted, but i thought there must be a way to handle this in the atlassian-plugin.xml. Anyway, i'm fine with this :)

Greetings Sebastian

0 votes
Leonardo Onieva March 19, 2013

What Jira version the additional attribute "roles-required" had absolutly no effect?

I'm trying in 5.0.7 and works fine.

usuario
sustantivo: usuario, consumidor, adicto, aprovechador

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events