Session Time out when using SSO with Google, how to prevent it from happening?

Hello,

We are using the "OpenID Authentication for JIRA" with our Google account.

Users not using SSO to connect to JIRA they are not experiencing any issue. Users using the SSO to login they are very often kicked out with session timeout.

Can you help us?

Thank you.

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks for raising this. I'm working on a fix.

Actually, I'm trying to investigate that and I'm not sure how this happens. By default JIRA has session timeout set to 5 hours so it should not be a problem, but I noticed that Tomcat's defaults are different 30 minutes.

Now I need to ask you - how did you deploy JIRA - first what version do you use, is it a standalone installation with its own Tomcat or did you deploy it other way?

What settings for session-timeout do you have in conf/web.xml and atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/web.xml (should be 30 and 300 respectively).

Do you use any reverse proxy in front of JIRA?

It’s a standalone installation .

In WEB-INF/web.xml file I have:

<session-timeout>2880</session-timeout>

In my conf/web.xml

<session-timeout>30</session-timeout>

There is a proxy to redirect the http domain to https and a routing rule to redirect port 443 to 8443.

Thank you.

Any chance you're using Crowd with JIRA? I just noticed there's additional setting in Crowd for session timeout.

No we are not using Crowd.

Has there been a resolution to this? We're experiencing the same thing with Google SSO.  Jira session timeout set to 480, tomcat session timeout set to 30.

Has there been a resolution to this? We're experiencing the same thing with Google SSO.  Jira session timeout set to 480, tomcat session timeout set to 30.

What plugin version do you use? It's been resolved for some time - currently plugin uses remember me functionality so session/login should stay active for long time.

My bad, Pawel - I was googling for a resolution to this same problem when I found this thread, but we're using Google SSO by AppFusions, not OpenID Authentication for JIRA.  Sorry for the confusion.  

Thanks for clarification!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

173 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you