Service failing to start

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2011

Hello ,

can somebody please tell me how to troubleshoot why Jira service is not starting

evertime i start windows server 2003 i have to go to windows services and click restart on Atlassian jira 4.3.4

and then i will be able to Access Jira in the browser

It shows that the status is started but i am forced to restart the service

Thanks for any help

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2011
Yes, please check out all the log files. They should tell you the culprit. I was thinking one possibility if you are running SQL server on the same machine, is you may want to set JIRA to a delayed start. You can set that with within the services window, services.msc.
Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2011

Colin yes I am using SQL server on the same machine ,Can you tell me how to set a delayed start with the services window?

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2011

Open up the services window by going to Run.. and typing services.msc

Then find your service and double click it, bringing up its property window

On the first tab (called General) there is a parameter called Startup Type which has 4 options.

Select the first, Automatic (Delayed Start)

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2011

I am trying to discover what value to change for JIRA290611223619 in the registry Editor

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2011
Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2011

Colin in windows server 2003 i i can just see 3 option : automatic,manual,disabled thus there is no option to select ad in win 7 automatic delayed...i can t find it what do you suggest?

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2011

I am using window server 2003 and there is no option to select automatic delaed start as in win 7

what do you suggest?

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2011

Ah ok, understand.

http://www.petri.co.il/delay_services_in_windows_2000_xp_2003.htm

What about trying to add SQL Server as a dependency to JIRA using the registry

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2011

I will try to add Sql Server as a dependancy to Jira and get back to you soon to mark as resolved

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2011

Collin , i can see only Tcpip Afd as dependancy how to add sql server

i will be thankful if you can provide me more details or walkthrough

Thanks

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2011

done added SQL server as dependancy and it works fine..thank you four your support Collin

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2011

Samir,

There's a error log called jakarta-service.log in the log folder. Check that out. Is there anything in there?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events