Service desk and Confluence restrictions/permissions

Theo Viset - ILN December 6, 2017

Hi, 

We are thinking of integrating a knowledge base setup in Confluence with Service Desk tickets. 

Basically, suppose some customer asks a question on how to do something, I would be able to either refer to a how-to-article that already exists, or write the answer and create a how-to-article as explanation. Doing so, I answer the question for my customer in a more generic way, possibly usable for other customers, and I gradually fill my how-to articles and I can use it pro-acyivally, e.g. by sending out a newsletter or blog saying ". BTW, did you know you can do ...? Here's how!" and refer to that how-to article.

I tried it but I can't seem to find a way to provide the correct permissions so that I can attach a how-to article in Confluence to a support request from a customer in Service Desk. In the ticket, when I select a how-to-article, I see a message that this article does not have the permissions to be shared with that customer.

Should I create a user in Confluence for that customer that exists in Service Desk, or should I set the permission more open for (how-to)articles I write in Confluence? Or some other solution or approach?

Greetz, Theo

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

You will have to configure JIRA and Confluence by using OAuth (with impersonation), you will be able to link your KB to any JSD.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/applinks/oauth-security-for-application-links-774045732.html

Suggest an answer