Separating several projects under one Master Project

Stu Hubbard July 12, 2019

The previous Scrum Master placed all 7 projects under one Master Project in JIRA. It's causing major problems and I need to break them out into separate projects like they should be. How do I do that without losing data or having to re-enter everything?

Thanks everyone!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2019

Out of the box JIRA doesn't allow you to do that. I presume you can't contact them. There must be a plugin he installed to give that option. I would start by looking in the marketplace for that functionality and then in the in system administration plugin list for a name from the marketplace. 

Thank you.

He is still available to me, does that help?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2019

He should be able to at least tell you what plugin he was using. then you can find the documentation for it. 

Is there any way to migrate selected Stories to a new project?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2019

You can move them. You need create permission in the new project. It should have the same issue types, workflows, screen schemes, etc. as the original project. After they are moved user can still use the old ID to find them.  copy paste link for move information

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/moving-an-issue-861257345.html 

Thank you Joseph, I am very grateful. Stu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events