Self-mention

Lucifer July 26, 2024

Hello! Help me please. How can I make it so that if I mention myself via "@" in my task, where I am both the author and the performer, I receive notifications by email? Now, I do not receive such notifications. If in the personal settings of Jira I enable the checkbox so that I receive notifications if I make changes to the task myself, then I receive notifications if I mention myself. But then I also receive notifications if I edit the task, for example, the description menu. How can I make it so that if I mention myself via "@" in my task, where I am both the author and the performer, I receive notifications by email?

2 answers

0 votes
Cristian0791
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2024

Hi Lucifer,

Hope you are doing well.

Please go to you Avatar( right top corner). Click on it. Select "Notification" and then check from "Send me emails for issue activity" the tab with "You make changes to issues".

Lucifer July 26, 2024

yes, I did that. But then I get notifications if I just edited, for example, the task description. And I need it to come only if I mentioned myself via "@" in the comments.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Hi Luc - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Why would you need that? You should be using Jira for all of your communication on the issue. 

Lucifer July 26, 2024

I need this so that I can see this mention in my email. I rely on email quite heavily in my work. And I want to see mentions in tasks, even if it is made by me in my task, in my email.

Lucifer July 26, 2024

I saw that this could be done at my previous job, in version Jira 8.20.7, but in the current version I can't find how to set it up.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Well, that doesn't make a lot of sense me, but to each it's own. Regardless, it's all or nothing. You either get the email for everything you do, or nothing. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events