Select workflow by custom field/category

Andreas Denzler March 18, 2019

Hi,

for a project I have an issue collector.

The users can give a name for the issue and can select from a category field (custom field).

How is it possible that certain categories will be matched to certain types of workflows?

Or maybe I could first have a certain issue type selected, dependent on the selected category?

Thank you for all kind of advice!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2019

I don't understand the 'users can give a name for the issue' Do you mean issue type? 

Once the issue is created you can have conditions on the workflow transitions to test for the category field and either allow or not allow the transition. 

Andreas Denzler March 18, 2019

There is an issue collector.

The users fills the fields for the issues name.

Is it possible to do a matching:
User selects in the field "category" eg. "A" then the created issue has the issue type "Task"

User seletcts category"B" then then created issue has the issue type "Request"

and so on.

Is this possible in any way?

Andreas Denzler March 21, 2019

Is there no possibility that after an issue was created it gets automatically a certain workflow dependend on a custom field, that the issues' creator has to fill in (-> the field I am thinking of is 'category')?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2019

No.  The workflow is tied to the project and issue type.  If you need an issue to follow a different workflow, you have to move it to an issue type that uses that workflow.

You'll need to define different issue collectors to select different issue types.

Like Andreas Denzler likes this

Suggest an answer