Search tips to identify Jira users who were requested/called to answer a question or proceed further

Jarosław Kobierski December 30, 2021

Hi Community,

Am new to Jira and struggle to find a good tip to help me monitor a progress of people's actions.

I would like to track timing in the Comments section between a date of asking someone to contribute to the issue and the date of answering by such person. I note that sometimes within an issue a person is requested to provide an information or advisory and such person gets notification from Jira but then it may fall through the cracks. As a result the receiver does not answer for long time.

The report to monitor time lapsed between actions would include:

1. date of the comment when a person was called for action

2. name of the called person

3. date when the called person answered 

Many thanks for any tips how to tackle the report.

All the best in the New Year

Jaroslaw

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

Hi @Jarosław Kobierski , welcome to the community.

You can’t measure time associated with comments in the manner that you’re speaking. One idea to accomplish this would to actually leverage the assignee field. You could reassign The issue to the person that needs to provide input. Or you could create a sub task for that input request. The point is the comments are not meant to be used to track/measure progress and contribution of an issue. Based on your requirements I think the right way to go would be to have specific issues assigned to each individual that has to provide input or do some work. Again I would probably use sub tasks for this but you could use linked issues as well.

Jarosław Kobierski December 30, 2021

Many thanks Jack

Suggest an answer