Search in both JIRA and Confluence

Sergey Onanchenko May 22, 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We use cloud JIRA and Confluence.

Is that possible to use single place for search (like knowledgebase)  so that supporters can see aggregated results from both JIRA and Confluence ?
Or even maybe from other integrated platforms.

Will be grateful for assistance.

P.S. In Activity stream I see updated from both systems...

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2019

Well, there used to be a "Home" screen that was accessible under the "Switch to" icon on the bottom left sidebar but it appears it is gone now. at least I cannot find it. there may be another way but haven't stumbled upon it.

Sergey Onanchenko May 23, 2019

Thank you for this solution but we can't search at one go - I have to click manually to search separately in Confluence and Jira(

0 votes
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2019

Jack's right, the "Home" screen is no longer available in the "Switch to" icon -- however it's still available for us at https://ourname.atlassian.net/home/

If you go to "Home" and use the search, it will look across products. It also shows recently viewed in both Jira and Confluence.

Hopefully the feature will not be deprecated, and we can all continue to use it!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2019

thanks for sharing indeed it is there for me too. Search seems to be reasonably effect though it isn't returning all hits for sure so unsure how useful it will be TBH.

Like Sergey Onanchenko likes this

Suggest an answer