ScriptRunner: Displaying Usernames as Emails but string is comma spliced

Matthew Frassetti June 1, 2017

Hey all,

I recently found this script online that I have modified a bit and am using to return email address for users inside a scripted field. The only issue is, the returned string has each individual character separated by a comma and I can't seem to find a way to fix this online.

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 4.25.18 PM.pngAdditionally, the script seems to run despite the errors on the side. The script is below.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser

def uxfield = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("UX")
if (uxfield == null)
    return "custom field not found"

StringBuilder result = new StringBuilder();
for(ApplicationUser user: (ArrayList<ApplicationUser>) uxfield.getValue(issue))
    result.append(user.getEmailAddress() + "/")

return result.toString().substring(0, result.toString().length() -1)

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2017

Happy to help but please, instead of pasting code you found on the web, can you please describe the use-case? Secondly, can you let us know what type you plan to return? We can't see the searcher you set on the field and we can't see the template you configured.

Matthew Frassetti June 2, 2017

Sure. I am using it to convert usernames from one field to display their email addresses for reporting purposes in the scripted field. The searcher is set for a multi-user picker field.

Suggest an answer